28 July, 2010

Day Ten: Monday, 19 July, 2010

Today was another of those days where we knew we could not be late. We needed to be at the Baltimore Airport by 9:15 to pick up Pam’s dad. He’s going to tour Washington, DC with us and then drive back with Pam after she drops me off at the National Boy Scout Jamboree.

There was a little bit of a hiccup picking him up, which involved a policeman flashing his lights at me and telling me to keep moving, but we did manage to catch up to him and shoehorn him into the Sentra. We jetted south to DC, because we had another appointment for a tour of the National Archives. We had to stand in line to see the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. We didn’t have time to see much more than that before we had to head out for our appointment at Ford’s Theater. There, we got to see pretty much everything they had to offer.

From there, everyone was going to go through the Holocaust Museum while I took our things and checked into our hotel on the other side of the Potomac. The plan was for me to take the subway back and meet them at the Museum of American History.
Unfortunately, the navigation system on Pam’s phone kept telling me to make illegal turns, and got me well and truly lost before its battery died. At which point, I had no way of knowing how to get anywhere, nor to let Pam know what was going on. Eventually, I did make it to the hotel, I charged up Pam’s phone, and I took the subway into the city. Of course, by the time I managed all that, they had all left the museum because it was closing time.

After dinner, we were too tired to do any more sightseeing, so we subwayed back to the hotel and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment