05 August, 2010

Day Twenty-six: Wednesday, 4 August, 2010

Last night I had enough extra time to head over to the patch trading area and did a little trading. I would have felt bad if I had returned home with all of my own patches, so at least there was a silver lining to my having to wait.

It did rain last night also. No word on whether Brian stuck to his plan to sleep tentless or not. I heard that many of the scoutmasters were given about forty minutes notice in the middle of the night, but I don’t know how pervasive that warning was. I suppose I’ll find out when I get home.

Since I had no work to accomplish today and all of the Jamboree attractions were already shut down, I had planned to sleep in. No dice. The first round of alarms went off at 5:30, and the next at 6, and that was the end of that idea. I got in line for breakfast, asked for a little of everything, and walked away with a heaping plate. They must be trying to get rid of all the food they can. I couldn’t finish more than a third of what they gave me.

After that, I decided to do laundry. I had one more set of clean clothes to wear, but I had nothing better to do with my time. Besides, with all the sweating I’d been doing in this muggy heat, my duffel bag didn’t smell very nice. I finished that up in time for lunch, and then helped others carry stuff out to their cars and load up. The roads were reserved for departing scout troops until 2:00, but then there was a mass exodus from the staff area.

They came to lock up the building I had been sleeping in shortly after that. I had to move to the last building open. Men on the second floor, women on the first. At least I have a lower bunk now.

I tried taking a nap, since tomorrow will be an early start. I got a little bit of sleep, but it was frequently interrupted.

They served salmon for dinner. It was yummy.

After dinner, I showered, packed everything back except what I’ll wear tomorrow, called Pam, updated the blog, and went to bed. Well, I can’t post it yet, but at least it’s written.

No comments:

Post a Comment