09 April, 2010

About this blog...

Well this blog has been a long time in coming. Thanks to those of you who have been patient. To those of you who have not been patient, "I said I'd get it done, Aunt Evelyn, didn't I? Sheesh." This blog was more Jeff's idea than mine, but as with all of our joint projects, the tasks get handed out to whomever is handy, and creating the blog fell to me. Fear not, though. The actual blogging will be distributed more evenly.

By way of introduction, I'm Craig, the fourth of the seven Cs. My brothers Jeff (#2) and Jared (#7) and I have been working together for the last three years writing a series of science-fiction books. Our first, Dead Reckoning, has been published. You can look it up here if you want a copy. Book two, Day of Reckoning, has been written and polished and we are shopping it around for a publisher. Of course, there exists the distinct possibility that it will need yet another rewrite before it is suitable for publication. We'll see. Book three, Final Reckoning, is being written at our usual snail's pace.

The idea behind doing a blog (which I will again attribute to Jeff, the brains of this outfit) was to give us a way to interact with our readers more directly and to elicit feedback on our writing. At this point, we'd like to post one or two chapters every week and ask for a critique from interested parties. If you like the story, subscribe to the blog; there'll be more coming every week.

We'll also blog about things of interest to us, which is likely to revolve around writing, since that's the topic all three of us share. That won't be the sum total, however. With three bloggers living different lives you're likely to see everything from sports to politics to elementary education. Someday, I may discuss how it's possible to remain civil to that older brother that thought it was funny that you had a scab on the end of your nose for a month after he forced you to push a penny from one end of the house to the other with your nose. Who knows?

Anyway, welcome all! Pull up a comfy chair and settle in for a gripping story. (If I do say so myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment